Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Having fun!

This morning, we woke up to temps. of -27C (or -16.6F) with the wind chill!  That is way too cold for this time of year.  Lordy, we are still in November!

Anyway, besides doing a few odd jobs around the house, I've been busy down in my studio keeping warm and keeping busy.

Now, let's see what I've been up to!  The left side of this hanging has the embroidery all done.  It looks a tad sparse or too much white in the bottom left corner.  When this is all done, I'll take another look at those areas and add a small butterfly or bee or something.  That is the beauty of being creative.  Make it work!
Next up is the center section.
Last night, my friend Debra and I had face time with our ipads.  When we chat, I do like to have an interesting backdrop so that Debra can see something that I have been working on instead of the white curtain.  Her jaw dropped when she saw this behind me.  What?  When did I start this project.  It's beautiful ....  Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but that top is a panel.  A panel?  Yep.  All I did was cut out the squares and add sashing and cornerstones.  Sneaky, aren't I!  Debra got a chuckle out of it.  I know, I know .... I'm so well known for my applique ..... but that panel was just too darn precious not to buy.
The other things I've been working on is pumpkins.  Pumpkins with scrappy centers and a bit of applique leaves here and there.  A great way to use up my scraps and stash.
All my pumpkin colours have been chosen and placed  where I want them to go.  A good start.
That's my fun for this week. 

Have a great day!

Linking to: http://www.esthersquiltblog.com/ and http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Marty Stanchi said...

Love the pumpkins!

eloidastitches said...

Will the hexagon quilt be wall hanging size? Lovely colours by the way. I see quilt batting and safety pins on this project. Are you embroidering into the quilt batting?

Kyle said...

Lots of color on a cold and dreary day!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh my I love the little hexie project and that panel is wonderful. What great colors once quilted it will be gorgeous. Love the pumpkins too, so creative!