Thursday, February 22, 2018

Border Flowers

Here we go ..... another top finished! 

I keep looking at this top and it amazes me that I did this!  Me.  I did this!

My hubby thinks the top looks like a leaded glass door or window and the top and bottom part are transom windows.  He is right.  That is exactly what the top looks like.
Finished top size:  64" wide x 87-1/4" long. 

When I finished this top, it gave me such a sign of satisfaction.  This has been on the go for 9 years.

There is more to this story, but that will come out later when the finished quilt is shown.

During the photo taking, here is what it looks like with other quilts popping in to say 'hi'.  This looks a bit like a gallery, doesn't it.
People have wondered do I ever sleep with the amount of work that gets done.  Oh yes and if you quietly come into my studio, you can sometimes find me napping in my chair with the t.v. blaring.   Shhh .... just quietly go away and let me sleep.   LOL

How many hours per day do I sew/quilt/applique?  I don't know.  Never bothered to keep tabs.  Some days lots .... other days, not so much.  It depends on the day and what is going on and how I feel.  Now that our home is completely renovated, there is a lot of time to do whatever takes my pleasure.

So, another UFO has been crossed off the list.  Only 39 UFO's more to work on.

Making progress and that makes me very happy!

Have a great stitching day!

6 comments:

Anne Ida said...

It looks absolutely wonderful! Congratulations on a lovely finished quilt top!

Jennifer said...

That is a beautiful top! Will you hand-quilt it?

Teresa said...

Its beautiful. The scroll work sets it off perfectly

Kat Scribner said...

I love how you've framed this quilt. It really sets it off nicely.

Cathi said...

Wow - I love the effect of the look you got with that scrollwork!

eloidastitches said...

Wow! The borders on this quilt make it stunning!! Nice job!!