Monday, June 12, 2017

Autumn Leaf

I finished this block at the beginning of May (but forgot to post about it).   This block was from a workshop that I took with Ruth Kennedy of Dancing Threads.  Love, love this block.  Ruth came to our guild for a trunk show last year and everyone was so impressed with her quilts that we had her come back again this year to do her workshop on Autumn Leaf.  Both times, Ruth stayed with me and what an honour to have her with us.

Now to make a few more of these blocks.  A perfect table runner for different seasons of the year.

While Ruth was here she was treated to an evening in the garage with the garage girls.   Ruth was just overwhelmed with the evening and all our stuff that we showed her.  So overwhelmed that she had a hard time to sleep that night because her brain was on overload.

So, what did we overwhelm her with?  First off are a few baby blankets for our hospital NICU.  Claudia came up with the idea to replicate a blanket from a gift bag for a guild challenge.  Aren't these lovely?
 This is Darlene'e version:
 Karin (on the right) wowed us with her raw edge heart quilt ......
 and more of her redwork embroidery.  Notice the wine glasses?  A little bit of wine with our evening.  Why not!
Meet Ruth Kennedy (in the centre).  She brought a lovely featherweight to work on.
 Our Antique Samplers (by Sue Daley) had to be admired by all.
 I showed off my split apple core.  This top needs outer borders and it can be done with.
 Claudia is making progress with her hexagon top.
 Jeanne worked on binding her slab block quilt for Ronald McDonald house project.

So, no wonder she had a hard time to sleep.  I, too have a hard time to settle down after one of our meetings.  The inspiration just keeps on flowing.  This is also why so much of my stuff is getting finished these days and why so many new projects get started.  When I see what the others are working on, well I want to make one too.  LOL

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Julierose said...

What gorgeous quilts you've shared!! and i do love that little leaf, too...great idea for a seasonal piece....hugs, Julierose

eloidastitches said...

What a lovely post. Thanks for sharing. :)

Jennifer said...

I love love love that leaf block too.......you know how I am about leaves! What lovely quilts, your group is very productive and I really enjoy seeing what you are all making.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

So many wonderful projects--I would find it hard to settle down and sleep too!

Mia said...

I love the leaf and the elephants!!! They are lovely!!!