Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Kentucky Stars

It has been a while since I last worked on this project.  The hand quilting was 3/4 done.  So, a few weeks ago out it came and I've been busy working on it since.  Before I knew it the quilt was done!
Then a bout of stomach flu got in the way and so it sat for five days.  Once I recovered from that, the binding was done a little bit at a time.
When I got tired and needed to stop and rest (recovery takes longer at my age), the hanging got hung up on my design wall so that I could sit back and admire it.
Binding ..... DONE!

Here is my hanging washed and pinned onto my styrofoam design wall for drying and blocking
 Here it is all finished and being admired on the wall above where I sit in our living room.
Oh, happy, happy, happy!

This only took 11 months to complete.

Size:  30" x 35"

There is both hand quilting and machine quilting in this hanging.

Pattern for centre came from Electric Quilt Company on one of their separate programs called Classic Applique Folk Art and it is originally known as Kentucky Flowerpot.  I changed out the flowers and inserted my favourite stars instead.  That is why it is called Kentucky Stars.  The border blocks came from another project that I had worked on and ended up not using in that project.  A perfect home was found for them instead.  

So, that is another bin that can be recycled for another project because this hanging is DONE.

If you want to read more about the progress of this project, just click onto the label Kentucky Stars at the end of this post and scroll down and enjoy reading.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's lovely......and the wall above your chair is the perfect spot!

Raewyn said...

What a lovely finish - you will be glad you made the final push, fighting through sickness, to get the binding done as it looks so good there on your wall. I like the story of how it came about too, it's nice how some pieces just fall into place!

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Kentucky Stars is a new pattern to me and I love them. They look perfect around that beautiful flowers in the center.

Caro said...

Beautiful!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Congrats on your finish--it looks wonderful on the wall!

eloidastitches said...

Love this little quilt. The style of flowers seem like little fireworks to me and they go really nice with the lovers knot blocks. So nice and cheerful!

Barb said...

what a wonderful wall quilt - looks lovely in your home