Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A Bunch of Barns

Well, here it is .... my first finish for 2017!  Can we say 'yay'!!!!  This is hanging on the wall beside the door leading into the garage.  My barn quilt is not my usual style, but I have a plan and it includes making a large barn quilt.   This was a panel and what can I say, except I love panels and have quite a few in my stash to work on.  Yes, I do make complicated quilts, but when I see a panel that I love, I buy them.
 Coordinating fabric was found for the backing.  More barns.  Love it!
I used my Styrofoam design wall to block this quilt.  Perfect for blocking.  Just stick in pins on one side and then pull and manoeuvre into place.  Stand back to make sure everything is straight and adjust where necessary and then leave the quilt to dry.  Perfect way to block.
Well, what can I say except this is a good start to 2017.  How many more quilts will get done this year?  Oh, the surprises in store to come.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay indeed! Love it! Your barns are so different to ours......for one thing, ours aren't red and they frequently don't have sides.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely 💖💖