Thursday, July 21, 2016

Auditioning borders

I love my stash.  It is so easy to go and pull out different fabrics to see which one will work best for borders of my Split Apple Core top.

When fabric shopping, border fabric is always on my list to buy and when I find something that looks interesting, it is bought and put away in my stash until that day when it is needed.

How do I know what to buy?  I don't until that certain fabric comes into view and viola, that is when I know.  Blues, reds and greens are the usual standard as my quilts are based around those colours.

Anyway, after much pulling of different fabrics, this is the choice for my borders.  Oh look, blue, red and green.  LOL  Can't go wrong with those colours.

As you can see, my progress is moving along quilt nicely.  Only the centre portion to do now.

Again, I'm linking to http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.ca/.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Laurel's Stitches said...

I love your apple core project. I really like the green colour you have added to your border. I'm looking forward to your next update!

Maker Joy said...

What lovely apple cores. I'm with you, I love being able to pull from my stash to make quilts.

Jennifer said...

Love how the green picks up the floral fabrics in your Apple Cores! A great choice of border fabrics.

Julie Fukuda said...

Great choice for the border. I have lots of fabric scraps in my stash but it is not so easy to put them together so that they are not fighting.
You are doing a great job of getting them all to work together.