Sunday, February 7, 2016

Applique quilt

As well as working on other UFO's, I've been working on the appliqué quilt that I designed for my day guild.

The last time I posted about this quilt (back in October 2015), it was at this stage:
Over the past few weeks, a lot of sewing got done.  This is the final layout of the centre.  Can you see the blocks that have pieces of paper pinned to them? Those are the months that the blocks will be presented to the guild.  A lot of work has gone into the planning and designing and I'm so happy with the way it turned out.
February's blocks will be these two (not the heart block as that one has already been presented):
So, I was sitting in my chair and looking at the top on my design wall and wondering what to do with the borders.  I could have gone simple and called it done.  But noooooo .... that would not do for me.  So, I played and thought and played some more.  This is the result.  I'm wondering if this type of border has been done before?  Anyway, I LOVE it!
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your quilt has advanced since I saw it......it's very pretty, and the border is a great idea!

eloidastitches said...

Very nice and cheery. Love the colours, and design. The border is a very nice addition as well.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Just charming--so sweet!