Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A quilting pact

A quilting friend and I have made a pact to bring 4 projects to completed top stage by the end of 2016.

We even shook hands on it.

We each have lots of UFO's (I'm in the 40+ projects on the go).  She is way up there too.  Each one of our projects has a lot of slow stitching on them.  Like me, she does a lot of EPP and appliqué.

We each start new projects at the drop of a hat.

We are the perfect match to egg each other on to fulfilling this pact.

These are the ones that I committed to.  When you look at the dates, some of them have been around for a while.

So, what needs to be done to get each of them to completed stage?  Read on, my friends.

My star quilts needs appliqué borders.  The leaves, etc. have been prepped.  They just need to be sewn on.
Just Blessings will need to go up on my design wall to give me time to look at it and figure out how to finish it.
Rail Fence Delight just needs another appliqué section and outer borders.
Ozark Cobblestone needs borders and appliqué.  All the appliqué pieces are ready for sewing.
My other goal will be to quilt a number of the 27 tops that are waiting to be quilted.  Now, that has been my goal every year, but sadly, it just doesn't seem to happen.  This year, I'm planning on marking and sandwiching a couple of tops so that when I'm ready to quilt, they are ready to go.  We'll see if that helps.

Lofty goals.  We'll see how the year ends.  Bring on 2016!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Misty said...

Great idea for a challenge! Your quilts are lovely and I hope you get some time with them this year.

eloidastitches said...

Best of luck to both of you. I look forward to seeing your progress. Will you be posting your friend's progress as well, with pictures?

JoEllen said...

OMG....you don't just start a project and get part way through it...you've almost got these finished! You go girl! These are awesome projects!

Jayne Honnold said...

A quilting pact. I love and and I might just "borrow" it because I have a friend who quilts (well, several, but one in particular) and we do this sort of thing all the time. It's a perfect way to describe the agreement we make with each other. Good luck with your pact and I will look for all the fantastic finishes!