Sunday, December 28, 2014

It's a finish!

It feels so good to have another quilt finished and gifted away.  Once I started machine quilting it, it was done within three days (binding and label included in that time frame).  Yikes, N.E.V.E.R. before has a quilt been finished so quickly by me!!
I was on a mission to get this quilt done and gifted to this lovely young couple for Xmas.  They will be nice and warm when they start their new life together on the east coast of Canada in the new year.

Simple grid quilting all over ... except in two corners.
The back is a gorgeous flannelette.
A few hand quilted circles to help break up all the grid work in two corners. 
My label was quick and easy to make.  Just a square of fabric folded on the diagonal.
Seconds after taking a photo of the label, Miss Ashes had to check this quilt out and decide if it was worthy of her.
Yep, she sure made herself cozy.
Have a great day!

6 comments:

Grit said...

It is a wonderful finished quilt. And I see the kids fall in love with your quilt, also your dog.

Ellen said...

The quilt turned out great and it looks like the recipients think so too. I like the nice touch of a bit of hand quilting in the corners.

Jennifer said...

Now, that looks like a cosy quilt (and a cosy couple) for sure! And of course every quilt has to have the Official Kitty Seal of Approval too.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

It's fantastic x

Karen said...

I like the quilt label. Very creative.

Karen said...

I like the quilt label. Very creative.