Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What a day!

This past Sunday was a special day spent with the gals from We 3 Quilters!  It was a sew day at my place and DH was our butler.  He got whatever food and beverages we needed ... what a guy! 

The 3 of us have been busy working on our strip quilts.  This is Mary's (in black dress) version.  You can see just a wee bit of my panels just above Mary's hand.  Debra is busy pointing out different things in the sashing.  
 
While I was busy sewing on my strips, Mary was cutting up T-shirt fabric into strips to knit with.  She bought a broom handle and had a workshop make them into knitting needles.  I can hardly wait to see what she makes with them.  Very interesting.  Debra was busy sewing down the binding on her quilt and if you want to see more of it, go here to take a peek.


Miss Ashes was busy being Miss Ashes!  She had to lay right down on top of my strips ... what a gal again!  :o)
 At the end of the day, gifts were given to Mary and Debra ....

 .... and they in turn gave me a gift.
I couldn't believe my eyes.  A coffee mug, tote bag and sticky notes with We 3 Quilters logo on them.  I'm not worthy!!!!  Thank you, my friends!!!
This was our last get-together for sewing before I move north.  On the bright side, I will be back for a month in September to babysit my grand nephews.  Oh my, we have so much to plan!!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful gift! No doubt about Miss Ashes making herself comfortable, is there? Mary's setting is a little different to the others, I like it.

hetty said...

Nice gifts! You certainly have a helpful furry friend. I am working on this quilt too. What is it called? I posted a photo of what I have done so far and linked it back to your blog.
Hope all goes well with your move.

Chookyblue...... said...

you girls will have to have a sewing day when you come back to baby sit......glad you all had a nice day together.........