Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tackling a UFO

I’ll be away for a few days …… but am not traveling empty handed. There are five Dresden plate blocks (hmmm … must be something about the number 5 …) that need to be appliquéd and then this top can be put together. This is my project to work on.

There is such a desire with me right now to finish up some of my UFO’s. That is due to Peg’s challenge that she issued and, by golly, I’m reviewing my projects to see what remains to be done. It is wonderful that 4 UFO’s were finished during the challenge. The boxes they were in are all cleaned out and just ready for a new project …. but not right now.

The bad news is that most of my UFO’s are all queen size quilts and since they will be hand quilted ….. you know the routine …. you won’t see any finishes from me in the near future …….. sigh!

Remember, just a few stitches a day makes all the difference to completing a project!

Have a great day!

10 comments:

Danetta said...

Inspiration! I have been thinking about whether I want to tackle a dresden plate for a project soon. Looking at yours, I thinkg I do.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Take care while you are away...glad you are have a project organized to take away...I would love to try doing one of these....looks so hard....the challenge has also inspired me thanks to ladies like you.....xx

Elsie Montgomery said...

Good advice. The way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. Gazing at the food bar does not constitute eating LOL nor does writing about it :-( so I need to get to work!

thanks!

Teresa said...

Dresden plate blocks are some of my favorites. I recently finished a table runner doing the stack & whack technique for the plates, but I think I like the traditional look of yours much better. Can't wait to see the quilt you are making with these.

Cathi said...

I have a Dresden Plate project tucked away in a drawer -- this post may have nudged me to get that one out -- have to think on that!
Have a great holiday weekend!

Brenda said...

I am working on a dresden plate also; I love yours!! Hope mine look as nice. I need to finish a few projects...it is great to work on them but even greater when they are complete.

Unknown said...

Finishing four is a LOT. I only did two (both VERY small).

~Bren~ said...

I understand...my 2 major UFO's are queen sized quilts. I am just going to tackle them one at a time!

May Kristin said...

Enjoy your trip away, and your dresden plates. They are lovely!

Anne Ida said...

Oh, these Dresden Plates are so pretty! This will be another gorgeous quilt! And even though you know it will take time - tackling it now means you will finish it in time :o) I know the feeling of clearing out some of those UFOs - I'm on a bit of a UFO rampage as well :o)

I'll keep your words in mind - a few stitches a day makes all the difference to completing a project - well put!

Hope you'll have a great trip! Take care!