Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Pincushion Exchange and A Year of Celebration Quilt

I am so delighted that my swap partner for the Pincushion Challenge is Guðrún at http://www.atsugan.blogspot.com/. She has posted a photo of two uncompleted pincushions that she will do and send one to me. Oh, I wonder what it will look like.

In the meantime, I need to get busy and make her pincushion. There are a couple of ideas and decisions, decisions. I’ll be on tenterhooks hoping that she will like what I make.

I had a request from a visitor (there was a no-reply email address on your message) for the pattern that was used for my A Year of Celebration. Unfortunately, there is no pattern, but here were my sources:

January – Quilter’s Newsletter Magazine #239
February – my Guild, but any heart pattern will do (mine are done with 1” finished squares)
March – Electric Quilt 5 software program
April – my Guild
May – Electric Quilt 5 software program
June – my Guild, but you could use any birdhouse
July – my Guild, but any maple leaf block can be used. For this block, I made it slightly smaller and sewed white strips around the block so that the leaf floats. The maple leaf in the center was copied from a Canadian flag motif and coloured in with crayons.
August – my Guild
September – my Guild, but any schoolhouse will do
October – Quiltmaker Magazine, #93
November – my Guild
December – my Guild, but any tree block would work.

The block finished sizes are 10” x 10”. The sashes and border are 2” x 2” finished. Finished top size is 38” x 50”

Even though there is no pattern, why not be creative and do your own version. I would love to see what you come up with.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is me who should be on tenderhooks, my first swap ever. I can assure you I will love what you send me.

Leigh said...

I think you and Guorun will have a lovely time with your pin cushion swap.

Wendy said...

The pincushion swap is very exciting, I've got my pincushion done and working on my needle keeper. I can't wait to see them all.