Tuesday, June 12, 2007

‘Quilts by the bay’ Quilt show in North Bay

Oh, what luck! A quilt show while I was visiting my Mom. My sister and her daughter dropped me off while on their way to getting their nails done. They wondered if I could find something to amuse myself for two hours. At a quilt show … they have got to be kidding! :o) They later joined me and it was interesting to walk around with them to see quilts through their non-quilter eyes.

There were a lot of quilts to see and admire and drool over! Quite a number of the quilts were machine quilted by one lady and what lovely work she does. Some were done using a panto, but most were custom. The hand quilting I saw was lovely and I got some nice ideas for motifs for my quilts to come.

So, here are just a few of my favourite ones for today!
Enjoy and have a great day!


Baltimore album with a closeup of the center.



The hydrangea hanging has interesting quilting in the background. I like how the quilting echos the flowers.
The jars' quilt was made by a 7yr.old boy (with help of his Mom).
I have this pattern for the calendar trees. This quilter did a beautiful job of it.

7 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh thanks for the online show! I love the center block on that appliqued one! Oh how to entertain for 2 hours!!!! No problem!

Paula, the quilter said...

I, too, have the calendar for the trees, but have never made it or the one with the trains or the one with the lighthouses. All things my sibs collect. I saw 2 different barn quilts at the show I went to on Sat.

Ila K. said...

Thank you for the eye candy. What a bonus to take in a quilt show while traveling. I would think two hours would be just a teaser.

Dora said...

Thank you for these photos. I like the quilts very much, especially the Baltimore Album! I saw something like that in Lyon (France)at a big international patchwork festival, last year. There was an exhibition with old american quilts. They were breathtaking.
Have a nice day :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving a comment for me. Great to see the pics from the show.

Leigh said...

Much rather a quilt show than getting the nails done any day!

~Bren~ said...

Oh my gosh that Baltimore Album quilt is stunning. Thanks for sharing. You mentioned on my blog using a glue stick....what kind? I really like that idea. I have done needle turn for years because I like having that crisp edge, but what you described would do the same thing and save me all that basting! Bren