Monday, May 7, 2007

First Pair of Socks

Finally, I decided to join the band wagon and make a pair of socks! They were actually easier that I thought. If I knew how easy, they would have been made long before this. Timing is perfect with the hot weather coming on soon … not. :o) However, when fall comes, I’ll be ready with a toasty pair of socks.

That pink variegated ball of wool is for a special pair of socks. I was asked to make a really tacky pair for an upcoming event. There is a story behind this and more to come later.

Christmas hanging done, a new pair of socks … what is next on the agenda for fall?

Many thanks to all that left comments about my "Snow Blossoms" quilt. You all agreed that the applique certainly makes the quilt now.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

atet said...

What fun socks! Only problem with the pink verigated yarn, I have the feeling those socks won't be tacky!

Sarah said...

The socks look great - can't wait to see the next pair.

Wendy said...

Your socks look great. I've been knitting up several pairs and LOVE IT. Keep them coming.