Friday, March 2, 2007

Birds in the Air and Winter Storm

This is one of the quilts that was shown sitting in the basket on a previous post and which I promised to show you.

I love blue and yellow …. especially in a quilt! When I see this quilt, it reminds me of a warm autumn day, the sky so blue and the leaves around me all beautiful golden hues.

This was hand quilted. Looking at my stitches, I’m in awe! How in the world did I manage to quilt so many stitches per inch (16-18 stitches)? This was done in 2003 and four years later my stitches are NOT that many. How times have changed and fingers are not so nimble. LOL

This is a good quilt to snuggle under today … we had a snowstorm yesterday. So glad that hubby or I don’t have to venture anywhere today. We lost power overnight for 4 hours and are among the lucky ones today to have power back. What a wild night! Heavy snow and then freezing rain with thunder and lightening thrown in to add to the drama.

Here are photos of the day after.



While photos were taken, it was the sound that was awesome. It sounded like a huge water fountain with all the ice melting and running off the trees and then plops of ice dropping from above. This sound actually drowned out road traffic that we normally hear.

A good day to stay indoors …. and do quilting, of course!

Have a great day!
Pattern Source: American Patchwork & Quilting #42, Feb. 2000

3 comments:

Angie said...

What a lovely quilt! Makes me think of warm, sunny Autumn afternoons as well. :D

Jeanne said...

Rose Marie, thank you for your nice comments on my blog. Your blue quilt is lovely and looks so nice hanging on your wall. I also love nine patches and am working on one with 900 little ones that finish at 1 1/2".

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Another gorgeous quilt! Blue and yellow is so cheerful.