Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Tulips-Close up of Quilting


Thought you would like to see a close-up shot of the hand-quilting as it was hard to see in the other photo. Originally, there was only SID and then it decided it should have more. See, quilts do talk to you if you listen! :o) I like those circles in the nine-patches and will use this quilting pattern again. Usually, there would be diagonal lines running through the patches, but it was time for a change. Change is always good! My hubby thinks the circles look like rain drops on a puddle and that is what the weather is like outside today. You know what they say … April showers brings May flowers!

This quilt is currently hanging up in our entry … until my blue & green flower quilt is finished! Oh my, how fickle am I with my quilts. On display until a new one comes along. :ol

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

I LOVE circle quilting. It looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Very nice quilt , it must have been at lot of work . Wish you a happy easter and I hope you understand what I´m writing , my english isn´t so good.

atet said...

I love the circles. I've become fascinated with the shape lately -- has got to be a quilt in that somewhere.

May Britt said...

I love using circles when there are only straight lines on the quilt. It makes the quilt more "softer".

Joyce said...

Nice quilting. The circles make it different than the usual diagonals. I love the Happy Tulips. Great colors!

Amanda Jean said...

oh, this is lovely work! it is so fantastic.