Thursday, April 26, 2007

Christmas Trees

For quite a while, I’ve been admiring and drooling over Baptist fans on other quilts posted by other blogs. I’ve even left comments on those blogs that the Baptist fan was something I wanted to try out on a future project. Well, that time has come with this quilt and I am so pleased with the effect. This quilting motif is one that will be used again, for sure!

When you look at the close-up of the quilting, do you see swirling snow … instead of the fans?

When I first showed this quilt as a WIP, Comic Book Lady at http://quiltasdesired.blogspot.com/ thought the scrappy border looked like presents leaning up against each other. I like that thought! Can you imagine having that many presents to open?

I am finding that striped fabric for the binding is fast becoming a favourite choice. I just love it here and I will be going through my stash to find more stripes for future projects.

This quilt is part of our Guild’s UFO Challenge and I’m glad that it’s done.

So, bring on Christmas … my hanging is ready for you!

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that is so cute. Love all the embelishments you've added to the trees, and yes your quilting does look like swirling snow. Hand quilted? I'm in the process of putting a Christmas wall hanging together, must be something in the air.

Fabricfaire said...

The whole hanging just say's "Bring on Christmas"! I love the way the border accents the rest of the colors. The quilting is swirling snow alright!!! A+

Tanya said...

This is really lovely! The small trees in the corner were a realy challenge too,I'm sure! You're right. striped borders really bring something out in a quilt!

Anne Heidi said...

Oh the trees are just perfect, the tretoppers are so cute, and I do love the quilting, it brings the quilt to life. I've actually done a christmas stitchery this week- like Linda said- must be something in the air :)

KC Quilter said...

Wow, this quilt is a stunner!!! I am a big fan of the "fans" quilting too!

Paula, the quilter said...

I like the Baptist fans quilting too. And absolutely adore a bias striped binding!

Luísa Silva said...

I saw this quilt in a previous post and now it's finished. It's such a good sensation. I love all the embelishments on the trees and the quilting is marvelous.

Blanca said...

I don't write english very well, but I want to say I like this christmas tree quilt. It's very lovely!