Thursday, August 18, 2016

Sleeving

Lately, my days are spent working on putting sleeves onto all these quilts.  Why?  They are going into our local quilt show:  Quilts by the Bay on September 10-11, 2016.  I have entered 15 items of which 13 are hand quilted.  Most of these quilts do have sleeves, but not the right size.  So, I will have to add another piece of fabric to the existing sleeve to make them large enough.  The chances of finding the matching fabric in my stash is slim, so just another piece of fabric will have to do.

This is what one of my sleeves that was done with a different fabric.  

The other thing that  has to be completed is my wall hanging made from these challenge fabrics that were donated by Northcott Fabrics.
.
This is my wall hanging and I want to hand quilt this.  Nothing like leaving this task to the last minute, eh!  We only had one year to make something!  :o)
So, time is a wasting away and they just need to be done soon.

Proceeds from the quilt show goes to our Mammography and CAMU departments at the North Bay Regional Health Centre.  A good cause, for sure.  So, if you are in the area and want to see fantastic quilts, GO TO OUR SHOW:  Quilts by the Bay

I'm linking up to Needle and Thread Network.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like how you used your challenge fabrics, so different to mine.....best wishes for a successful show, wish I could be there!

Chookyblue...... said...

Goodluck getting them ready to hang.....

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I just love how your challenge quilt turned out...so pretty. I find making sleeves a bit tedious so good luck with that.

Julie Fukuda said...

How great to be able to share your inspiring quilts at a coming show ... well worth the time it takes to add those sleeves.
I love that challenge fabric. You did ot proud.

Jeanne A. said...

I am procrastinating with the sleeve thing -- and I only have four to do -- like your challenge. Looking forward to our show -- it will be wonderful -- I know -- because I typed all the cards to go on the quilts!!!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Trying to catch up on a few of my favorite bloggers. Love your christmas quilt! I was wondering what size hexagons are in the quilt on your header? That texas star pattern always calls to me, maybe I should make one. This one looks like it has larger pieces and that really appeals to me.

NannyBee said...

Oh I wish I could come and see all your quilts, but it's just a tad too far to drive right now. Your challenge quilt is beautiful, I love the colours. Hope you have lots and lots of visitors to your quilt show. The Regional Health Centre is such a good cause.

Deb said...

I can't wait I WILL be attending! it is getting so exciting! and the weather should be fresh and crisp by then.

Love your challenge idea again you are so creative! I wonder what hand quilting you will do in it.

And the most boring part of quilting is sleeves can't Gile think of a way to hang quilts at a quilt show without sleeves! LOL

I feel for you if you need help on Friday I am there.