Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A bit of help ...

.... goes a long way.

This little girl was helping me by keeping the backing taut while I was taping the outer edges to the floor.  Such good help is so hard to find these days!  LOL

My quilt top has been all marked up.  I use Crayola Washable Markers (the fine tip) and they do wash out.  Sorry, this is all that you will be seeing of this top for now.  This is another secret that I've been working on.  I don't like secret quilts as nothing can be shown until the time is right.  Oh well, you will see it later this year.   The time has come to get it quilted up.  I will be doing both machine and hand quilting for this quilt.
Someone has been peeking while I've been hand quilting.  Miss Ashes, remember you have to keep this a secret!  She has a spot to snooze on top of my stash bins.  She just peeks out every now and then to see what is going on.
More wildlife has been spotted on our hill.  These two young deer were taking a snooze and spent most of the afternoon in this spot.
Well, back to more hand quilting.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I think cats are pretty good at keeping secrets. Never tried the crayola. Can you keep the points sharp enough?
I wil be looking forward to the big finish when all is reviled.

paulette said...

Good help is hard to find!! Lucky you!:o))

eloidastitches said...

Loved this post, showing your little helper! Your quilting design reminds me of the quilting you did on Gumballs, and I absolutely loved how that turned out. It will be hard to wait for the reveal.

Tina said...

I laughed out loud when I saw your 'Helper'! :o)) It's hard to beat a cat helping with a quilt top :)

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Good to have some help--haha! I can't wait to see the reveal!

Deb said...

so Cute miss Ashes, be careful way up there girl! I can`t wait either what is the top for is it for the show