Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Crazy Quilt

After nearly 53 (no, make that many) years since the loss of my ancestor’s quilt, I now have my replacement and I am very happy with my crazy quilt.

Gwen at http://scrappyangelquilts.blogspot.com/ had a great idea about writing the story of the loss of my ancestor’s quilt and putting it on the label …. And that is exactly what I’ve done. Thanks Gwen for the idea.

It is hand quilted and I seem to be on a recent kick for circles.



Had a bit of fun making the backing. This is not my usual way and it is just a tad crazy, but I sure do like the effect. Matches the quilt, don’t you think? :o) I still have a lot of this stripe material and will be using it for another crazy backing.

So enjoy and have a great day!

16 comments:

~Bren~ said...

I LOVE it!! The circle quilting is perfect for it. What a wonderful job you did recreating the lost heirloom. The label will keep the memory of it alive for many generations.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your quilt is just lovely, and because of the circumstances, it is now even more special.

Cathi said...

Your quilt is fantastic. Love the backing too.

I didn't quite manage to leave the Creativ Festival without a few half-yard cuts. But it didn't seem as though there were as many vendors there this year!

loulee said...

Hey thats great and I love the way you quilted it too.
I hope it lasts for many generations and brings many warm memories to those who come after you.

Unknown said...

Oh Rose Marie your quilting is so beautiful, I have never seen this quilting pattern before.

Andrea said...

Wow ! It is a great quilt. Doesn't seem that long ago that you started this and hand- quilted ? Amazing. Well done Rose marie.

Angela said...

That is an awesome quilt. I love crazies. The back is fun too.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love it! And the setting for them is just perfect! I love the circle quilting too!

Holly said...

Beautiful! I love those colors. Your bucket bags turned out nicely. I have it on my list to make one of these days.

hortenzita said...

Your quilt is more than beautiful! What a huge job! I like also the back side.

Juliann in WA said...

What a great idea about putting that information on the label. And I do love the backing - very fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks fantastic. Congratulations on finishing a great project!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

This quilt is gorgeous!!

atet said...

Your crazy quilt is absolutely fantastic and the story behind it makes it even more special. Love the quilting!

meggie said...

That is one fantastic quilt!! And! you hand quilted it!! Wonderful.

Susan Freebery said...

This is a magnificent quilt - I love it and have printed the photo to be my inspiration. I LOVE IT!