Friday, March 9, 2007

Getting ready to travel

I’m off tomorrow to the great white north! So, today is packing time. In goes my blue & white flower quilt with enough waxed threads to last the week. Also, my embroidery blocks for my new project. Then, in goes my ski shoes and my ski socks. Yep, I’m going to venture onto X-country skis for the first time in many, many years. Won’t do anything silly, of course! :o)

Through the miracles of modern technology, I’ll probably be able to post while I’m away (am keeping my fingers crossed that my USB stick works). It’s good to keep up with the times!

Talking about my new project … your comments have made me look at it with new eyes. You are right; the embroidery does make the quilt! Thank you!

Most important of all, it’s my Mom’s 89th birthday today. Happy B.D. Mom! :o)

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

thanks for visiting my blog. I have enjoyed reading yours. Have a safe trip

Unknown said...

Rose Marie, thank you for your sweet words on my Flower Bed Quilt. My gosh that compass quilt is just stunning, I can only imagine how many hours must have gone into that, what a labor of love.
Perhaps a silly question, but what's the waxed thread for, are you hand quilting? Not my favorite thing to do...... Hope you have a fun trip.