Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Getting the applique done

Amazing how one border proceeded to two borders done!
Then a third border soon followed.  I am on a mission to get this done quickly.   As I was looking at this photo before download, it was noticed that some of the plain blocks on the outer part may need to be changed around a bit.  In this photo it seems that the right hand side looks a bit darker than the left side.  Best to fix this now before it heads out to a LAer.
In case your are wondering how I deal with the bulk while appliqueing, this is what I do.  The body of the top is folded just shy of the border (so that it doesn't interfere when I'm ready to do applique) and pinned in place.  It is easier this way to tame the bulk and do my applique without shuffling all the top each time I need to move the top in order to applique better.
Have a great day!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is such a pretty quilt, and the applique border sets it off to perfection!

Frog Quilter said...

Love the appliqué border.

Kim said...

Hi there. You always have something wonderful in the works. :-)

Christine said...

I love your border! Thank you for sharing as you progress on this.

Averyclaire said...

What a lovely "scrappy" quilt! I love quilts that use up a lot of different fabric scraps. You did beautiful work on this one. The border is a really nice addition. I have been quilting for about 20 years, but don't have near as many as you! My blog is www.averyclaire.org.