Monday, September 25, 2017

Need a name

Well, well, well .... my top is done!  Oh my, I didn't expect it to turn out like this.  So, so glad that I went with my initial decision to put those flowers on the border.  It was something that I wanted to try but didn't have THE quilt to do it on. 
This top was designed by me (using EQ7) back in April 2014.  Some flowers were doodled to see the effect.  Yes, yes, yes .... it just had to be done!  It was a lot of work, but, oh .... so .... worth .... it!
This pattern needs a name.  So far, it is called 9-patch circles.  Not very creative, eh!  Don't worry, something will come to me.

So, onto another UFO!

Have a great day!

10 comments:

tirane93 said...

it came out great! it's so cheerful!

Jennifer said...

Your flowers remind me of hollyhocks with flowers tapering in size to the top of the stem.....don't know if that helps with a name, though.

dortha said...

How about nine patch merry go round? Very pretty quilt.

Frog Quilter said...

Nine patch sprouts. And lovely too!!!

Julie Fukuda said...

Nice finish even without a name.

TakeMeThereTotes said...

Beautiful quilt. I like your color placement which creates a lot of movement between the nine patches and the color squares. Inside and out.. The little flowers remind me of a spring bulbs. A crocus maybe. The final border added so much to the total quilt. Good job!

mtrquilts said...

Love the quilt! How about "Nine Patch Garden"?

Teresa said...

What a great quilt. At first glance, I thought it looked like game board and the borders like bishops in a chess set. I would call it Checkmate, but I am possible the only person in the world that sees it this way :)

Chookyblue...... said...

How about "The Flower Patch"
looks great...........

Raewyn said...

Fabulous! I love the outer border of flowers, it really gives the quilt an extra dimension.