Thursday, September 14, 2017

Three down ....

Three tops are now done from this original set of five UFO's.  Happy dance going on here!
 Here she is!  Doesn't this top look lovely!
Remember all those circles (you can see the tray of circles at the bottom of the photo) and leaves that I had been working on?  Well, this is my plan for them.  So, even though the borders are on, it is still officially not done yet.
Now, I've been asked about why I do applique on my borders after they are applied.  I've done applique on my borders before being applied and after.  I actually prefer after.  The con for this is that there is a lot of bulk of the top to deal with.

A few days later and almost one side complete.
Anyway, guess what I'll be busy working on?  :o)

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh you will have it finished in no time......

Jennifer said...

Well done on three down! A slightly different border design, those circle flowers remind me of hollyhocks, I like it......it will finish off your top beautifully.

Frog Quilter said...

Love the nine patch block top. The stronger color squares are outside with lighter colors inside. The applique really finishes it off.. Kudos!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That's gorgeous ❤️

QuiltGranma said...

beautiful; well done!

Deb said...

This is thrilling. Love how it looks