Sunday, May 29, 2016

Now, it's barns

Life has been busy and sicky.  I've come down with another cold virus.  That is two now.  It seems that there are some lucky people that get this cold virus twice.  I'm one of the lucky ones.  Anyway, it seems to be going away now that the nice weather is here.

A month ago, I bought a barn panel at a quilt show in Orillia, Ontario.  This is how it looked after cutting the blocks apart.  
To make this top bigger, sashing is definitely needed.  There was not enough of one green fabric to do all the sashing.  Why not mix it up and use up what was on hand.  So, I did.  Different look, eh!
At a local quilt store, there is red barn board fabric that will be perfect for outer borders and barn pictorial fabric that will be perfect for the backing.  So, a trip down the highway this week and that fabric will be purchased and borders attached.  Gotta get this one done.

Seeing this top reminds me of my visit to Lancaster in 2014.  As soon as I saw the panel, well, I just HAD to buy it.   Pleasant memories.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Linda H said...

It's all your fault!! I just had to get on the Internet and find that barn panel - even though I've sworn off buying any more fabric. My stash is out of control - or maybe it's ME that's out of control... :-) Thanks for sharing your project ideas with us - I look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

eloidastitches said...

Love the different green fabrics. They really make your eye move around and visit all the different barns. Beautiful!! Great choice.

Jennifer said...

Your different green fabrics work well......after all, in real life barns sit in fields which are not all the same shade of green! Hope you shake off the second cold soon.

Bren said...

I just bought a barn panel at the Winter Quilt Show in January. It is the first panel quilt I have ever done. I have it sashed and ready to put the outer border on. I have a baby quilt and my granddaughter's quilt to get out of the hoop first, but the barns are next!
It was great visiting your blog again and your barns are wonderful!!!! I think of you often, as I have the little quilt you made hanging in my new home. <3