Sunday, May 1, 2016

It's been a while

I've been busy ..... in the renovating mode.  Things in our home are starting to wind down and we are so happy with the results.

We had new kitchen counter tops and back splash installed.  I so love this herringbone pattern.  My intention is to have the kitchen cabinets painted off white and then the back splash will really pop out.  So for now, this will do just fine.  My kitchen will never be a modern look, but it has that cozy comfy look about it.  It fits in with my quilts.  LOL

Our E*A*T in section of the kitchen.  Did you know that those letters also spell out T*E*A and A*T*E.  Family members have been having fun switching those letters around on us after they have been for dinner.
Now that the kitchen is done, I am moving onto other areas of the house that need painting and touch-ups.

My quilting was not abandoned during this time.  My secret quilt got done and ahead of schedule.  It was originally due for completion on May 3, but it got finished on April 29.  I know, silly about those dates, but it kept me motivated and I'm so thrilled to have it finished.  My goal each day was to have certain sections done and some days more got done and that is why this quilt got finished earlier.  Sorry that you will not be able to see it for a while, but be assured I will have an interesting post about it in the fall.
Some more revamping got done in my studio.  It just feels so good to have things sorted out and organized.  This closet was packed with boxes and bags and now it has most of my UFO's all stacked up and easy to see and get at.
 This shelf got revamped again.  It has some UFO's and all of my finished tops.
See the arrow?  That entire row are all tops with backings.  Before, they were stored away and you know the saying "out of sight ... out of mind".  My goal is to get more of them finished this year and now that I can see all of them, I'm hoping this will be my motivation to see those piles start to dwindle down.
The temperature is starting to warm up here in the Great White North.  All of the snow is gone from our hill and backyard.   It is now time to start thinking about plantings for our summer garden.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

eloidastitches said...

I love your herringbone backsplash too. Very nice! Good for you, with getting more of your quilting space organized!

Jennifer said...

I like your new splashback too! How cheerful your kitchen is looking, especially with those touches of red at the table. Yes, out of sight is definitely out of mind......

Kim said...

Great progress in the kitchen! The cabinets will look wonderful with fresh paint. I'm always impressed with your quilt accomplishments. :-D