Saturday, September 1, 2012

We 3 Quilters .... the same, but different!

My string quilt is finished and is perfect for our guest bedroom.

Finished size:  89-1/4" x 90-1/2" after washing and drying.

For my binding, there is a nice touch of blue in the fabric that goes well with the blue border .

Thank you Debra for giving Mary and me the inspiration to make this quilt.  What wonderful memories we have of all of us working together and then on our own.

Thank you Dorothy M. for the lovely machine quilting you did on my quilt!

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Julimond said...

Really wonderful. I like it.
And the quilting makes it perfect.
Greetings from Germany

Iris

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Another stunner Rose Marie

hetty said...

I love that quilt! So much so that I made one too. (only different) Mine is not quilted yet, but it will be soon. It is on my UFO to-do list.

Anonymous said...

I like this string quilt a lot!

Jennifer said...

Your quilt has turned out beautifully......I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Vicki W said...

It's a great quilt!

Sharon said...

Love this quilt, and a great tour of your studio. I agree with the white curtains, that can really keep you focused. As for which to hand quilt or send out, send out the heavily pieced ones and hand quilt the special ones where the quilting will shine.

QuiltSue said...

That looks wonderful.

Julie Fukuda said...

What a perfect finish! The quilt must be happy with a bed like that to show it off.