Saturday, August 18, 2012

Love Is ....

I'm keeping to my personal goal to do some kind of hand quilting every day .... as long as it is on the small size since it is still too hot to have anything large on my lap.  My hexagon quilt (see this post) has been set aside for that reason.

This is the quilt that I'm working on now:
This close-up shot shows what I will be doing for hand quilting.  Nothing elaborate ... plain and simple works for me.
I do all of my markings using Crayola Washable fine tip markers and all the blue markings will disappear once this is washed and dried.
 Have a great day!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Have you had good luck with the Crayola markers? I remember reading a post on a blog recently where they could not get one of the colors to wash out.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I agree hand quilting a bit every day is nice. Living in the southern states makes it hard in the summer so I tend to hand applique or hand piece and it usually when I machine piece tops.

Raewyn said...

Very lovely. I admire your patience with hand quilting - needleturn appliqué keeps me busy!!

Deb said...

this is another awesome quilt...I too am trying to follow just a little hand quilting a day and am seeing some finished items even though they are small...

Quilter Kathy said...

I just love it! Do the arrows show you which direction you want to stitch in? Is your frame on a stand?