Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Great strides again

Here again is my Ozard Cobble Stone (that is the name of the block found in Blockbase by Barbara Brackman and which is available again to purchase) project. All of the main octagons have been basted and now all that needs to be done is to make the beige octagons and filler squares. Then I can think about what to do with borders, but that won't be for a while yet.  This will be a queen size quilt once finished.
Now that all the octagons have been carefully removed and pinned together with clothspins ....


... I can start the sewing process.  Sewing those long strips is a bit tedious, but a great project to have on hand while watching T.V.

Once my design wall was bare, this is the next UFO that got pinned up.  Borders.   All that is needed is borders!  Yikes!  I am awash with UFO's that just need borders.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

The Ozard Cobble Stone design reminds me of tiled floors in old buildings. I have no trouble putting borders on my quilts......it's quilting them that is a stopping point!

Dolores said...

I think the quilt you are working on at the moment is quite interesting. Lots of sewing to do. Not being a fan of either yellow or red, I'll be watching to see what border you will be putting on the next quilt. Does it need one?

Deb said...

Yes I agree some quilts just don`t need a border. You go girl on those hexies...

I just had a tugging feeling I see the old wicker bench we used to sit on...just a corner of it...but I see it...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I love what your new project will be...

Quilter Kathy said...

Me too! I think the majority of my UFO's just need borders and quilting!

Sharon said...

I love the bottom quilt in this post, great color combo. I put up my hand quilting to focus on my applique, I could sit for hours every day rocking the needle and thread!