Monday, November 2, 2009

What's missing?

You know, , I’m really a blue/green type of gal (there are 3 totes of blue and 2 totes of green in my stash) and you can easily see that with these quilts.Then, just to spice things up a bit, here are some of my quilts with every colour under the sun thrown in …
… and then the softer side of me comes through with these quilts.

So, what is missing? Red and white quilts.

You know, I don’t have one single patriotic quilt …. not one!! Jennifer (way over there in Aussie land) made a table runner to help her Canadian friends celebrate Canada Day this year. How embarrassing is that?
After she left our house, it got me thinking …. a lot. I have been looking at red/white quilts for a while now and even did some designs in EQ6 some time ago … but I haven’t done anything about it.

Now over at Allyson and Nicole’s blog (were these gals reading my mind?), there is a challenge going on to make a red/white/cream quilt and I signed on. Step 1 is done.
Looking around in my stash, I have found these so far. Where in the world did they come from and how come so many found their way into my stash? Remember, I’m a blue kind of gal. Step 2 is done.
Here are a few of my blocks so far. Step 3 is started and that is a good thing.
Looking at my stash of reds, I predict there will be a few more red/white quilts to talk about.
Have a great day!
BTW ..... if any of you want to know more about the quilts shown above, just click on Quilts at the bottom of this post (last line where it says Labels: Quilts, Challenges) and there are pages and pages and pages for you to read and where you can look at my quilts more closely.

24 comments:

Donna said...

I went back and browsed through the pics of your quilts, and they are all just lovely. Your red and white quilt is going to be beautiful!

onlymehere said...

I love these colors and most of my quilts are with the reds and blues! I'm excited to see it finished! Cindy

Barb said...

Love your quilts!!! Red will make everything pop.....glad you had some in your stash.

Carrie P. said...

All your quilts are just lovely. I do like the blue and green ones and the one with some applique.
Wish I had time to join in the fun. You have fun creating your red and white quilt. I look forward to your finish.

Lis Harwood said...

I loved looking at your quilts, they're beautiful and I'm sure the red one will be too, good luck working outside your comfort zone as they say!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see everyones red and whites, though I don't think they meant it to be patriotic for us ;)
I don't have enough reds that play nice with each other, and I found myself woefully low on neutrels, so I skipped this challenge.
Yours looks great so far, and I adore the blues/greens you showed, awesome.

Nonnie said...

I made your BOm Americana and OH how I wish I knew how to send pictures. I really like it. Can't wait until next month. Thank you for doing this BOM

Karen said...

I really like the blue & green quilts in the first photo. Especially the Lone Star. You are stepping out of the box to work with reds but you can't go wrong with a red & white/cream quilt.

Julia said...

The blue and green quilts do look lovely and fresh..
You can't go wrong with a red and white quilt..
have fun!
Julia ♥

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I love all your quilts, you always blow me away Rose Marie with your creations and I am sure this new one will do the same.

Janet said...

You make beautiful quilts and I love the colours of all of them. I was sorely tempted with the red and cream, it's going to be lovely.

Unknown said...

Oh Darn! I missed the quilt show totally! I had the reminder posted in my car and didn't go there at all this weekend.
I hope it was wonderful.
I totally love your quilts and the photo of Jennifer with the arm.
Lucky you to have had her to visit!

Teresa said...

Blue, green, purple, yellow, orange, red, brown...whatever, they are all beautiful!

Anne Heidi said...

I love all your quilts in this post! I just started a blue quilt yesterday.... I am trying to downsize my stash to fit more new fabrics on the shelves lol...

Edna / HandmadeDiva said...

You may not currently have a red and white quilt, but the ones that you've shown are absolutely beautiful.

Jennifer said...

We can look forward to seeing a red and white quilt on July 1st? *grin*.......

Kiera-Oona said...

yup....Jennifer having a Canadian inspired quilted table runner is my fault for kidnapping her son (joke). I feel bad that I dont even have a canadian flag in the house..mind you we have a headband with an aussie flag design on it. Maybe I will have to change that in the new year, after all my other ambitious projects

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

No matter what colors you use I always seem to love most of your quilts. Have fun with the reds.

Cathi said...

I've seen the challenge and have been tempted but I have such rotten luck with red fabrics bleeding that I shy away from them!
Your quilts are all so gorgeous. I love the hexagon one!

Anne Ida said...

You know I'm a bit of a blue girl, so I just have to say LOVE that first picture!!! That said, your other quilts are fabulous as well, you really do have quite a quilt show here!

I look forward to seeing your red and white challenge quilt develop! Have heaps of fun piecing those blocks!

Unknown said...

So you have a few red fabrics in your stash *LOL* Look forward to see your patriotic quilt.

May Kristin said...

All your quilts are beautiful, so I know for sure this one will be too! Look forward for more!

Liz said...

That is what I love most about quilting you can be blue/green one quilt, traditional, the next, modern another day, bright, pastel whatever your mood is. It can never become boring.
Love the quilts as usual. Look forward to the seeing the Red/White one. You are very organised too with the drying racks that is a good idea.

Allyson in Alaska said...

I really enjoyed the pictures of soe of your quilts. Need to go back and look some more. Can't wait to see more of your red and white quilt. For a "blue gal", you sure have a nice selection of reds there. Enough for a couple quilts maybe.