Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fabric holders and cat fight!

When I am thinking about a new project, fabric is pulled from my stash, ironed and placed on various holders in order to keep the fabric pressed and at hand for when I’m ready to start cutting.

Here is a clothes dryer (and it sure is sturdy) that holds the bulk of the fabric.

A quilt rack (purchased at a thrift store for just a few dollars) and rigid Styrofoam boards.

Here is all the red fabric for my red/white challenge quilt.

The girls ….. you thought they were sweet and adorable ….. well …. they are, but a few times a week they fight. I still can’t believe that I caught them in action. Peace and quiet prevailed a few moments later.
Tomorrow afternoon, I will be making my way over to Debra’s place for lunch and a sew-in. She will have lots to show me! :o)

Have a great day!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Good idea for the fabric holders.
My pups go at a few times a week too, then about 5 minutes later they're curled up together asleep.

Joyce said...

O, like the clothes drying rack. What make is it? Where did you buy yours from?

Barb said...

Great idea for the material holders...and those cats are a mess....too funny

WoolenSails said...

I have that problem with mine too, they get bored and one is my sons, so even though she lives here now, my Dora makes sure she lets her know, who is boss, every so often;)

Debbie

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great idea for holding the fabric....I wonder what your girls were fighting over..

Jennifer said...

Looks as though the girls were fighting over the red fabric!

Barb said...

oh, I love the cat fight photo. I have 2 and they do this all the time. I love the clothes dryer, where can I get one?
barb

Carrie P. said...

Cool idea hanging your fabric for a project.
Love the picture of the cats.
Have fun at Debra's.

Unknown said...

This is a lot of fabrics.

julieQ said...

Love your quilt rack!! And those cats are just fighting like...animals!! LOL!

Teresa said...

I sure like that clothes rack. I have the old wooden style that collaspes each time I move it and sometimes while I am putting clothes on it. I have got to find me on like you have. Great buy on the quilt rack. I had one my father made for me, but my daughter claimed it and now I am without.

Don't you just love to see your fabrics all washed and ironed and read to cut.

szkornelia said...

Thanks for stopping by at my blog and leaving a nice comment. I was just looking through your blog and I really like your work.

I wornder what design you will use for all these nice fabrics.

szkornelia