Tuesday, November 10, 2009

1 UFO Done!

Well, here it is .... my siggy or signature block quilt ..... it is done! This is finish #1 for Finn's challenge that I signed up for ..... yeah me! :o) Instead of doing a label for the back of the quilt, here is my label block (I was short one block for the border corners). With this photo, you can see the backing that was used and some of my stipple machine quilting and my hand quilting in the borders.
Thank you, Connie for taking on the responsibility of hosting this block swap .... just look at what came of those blocks!
I wanted to take photos of this quilt down at Scarborough Bluffs where Jennifer and her DH and I went for a walk a few weeks ago. Today, it was too sunny for photos and too breezy. There will be another photo opportunity with another quilt.
Have a great day!
Pattern source: EQ6. Quilt size: 72-1/2" x 94" (top size before quilting 76" x 100").
Edit Nov.13,2009 - there is a slight bleed out with some of the blocks, so when you wash your quilt, use a product that will help absorb any excess dye.
Also, a couple of the signature blocks washed out the writing and some others faded a lot. Advice .... take photos of your blocks and then if any writing washes out, you can re-write the info. on the blocks.

20 comments:

*karendianne. said...

What a delightful setting and such beautiful quilting - as always my friend, as always. I really like your happy label block, too.

Your quilts never fail to light up my imagination.

Janet said...

It's wonderful, I love it. Congratulations on your stellar finish. Great idea for the label.

Jennifer said...

It looks terrific! One down, how many more to go......*grin*

Paula, the quilter said...

I love the setting you have done. I think I can pick out my block: it is pink and brown with hearts on the siggie portion. Is that one mine or somebody elses?

Andrea said...

I love the cross-hatch quilting in the border - really lovely ! Well done - onwards - lol !!

Julia said...

Just gorgeous!
love the setting..now i can't wait to get my siggie blocks back from the swap..
Julia ♥

Lurline said...

A gorgeous quilt - love the setting and it looks so different to the usual run of the mill!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Kiera-Oona said...

yay UFOs becomming FO's!

I will have to send you pics via email as to the project im working on...cant post it up on the internet yet....dont want my friend seeing it before the holidays

Unknown said...

Rose Marie, It is just beautiful!! The block label is the perfect finish.

Sherry said...

You did a great job. Its funny I was in that swap and my eyes was able to find my block right away. I ahve not been able to think about it so its nice to see someone done.

Cathi said...

It looks wonderful! What a great signature quilt.

Lis Harwood said...

Well done, what a lovely quilt.

Teresa Rawson said...

Very nice quilt...when I looked at the second picture, your cute stripey binding looked like colorful spools of thread to me!!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Unknown said...

It´s beautiful, did you handquilt the border?

julieQ said...

Just love it, love it!! I know you must really like it too.

~Bren~ said...

VERY nice Rose Marie!

Carrie P. said...

Love your quilt. I am looking forward to getting some signature blocks soon. I like the idea of making the label as one of the blocks.

Jeanne said...

Good for you! The quilt is wonderful and your UFO list is a bit shorter.

Donna said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love what you did with the blocks.

Cattinka said...

Your Siggie Quilt turned out very nice, I just finished a red one also and I´m very fond of it. I like to look at all the little blocks that I had received from all over the world. Yours really looks great!
KATRIN W.