Friday, August 30, 2024

August and September Chookshed 2024 Stitchers Challenge

Well, for the Chookshed 2024 Stitchers Challenge .... for August, my Lorna's Vine bin got taken off the shelf, a few pieces pinned onto my design wall ... a few decisions made on what the next few steps should be .... and that was it.  So, I failed there.  Oh dear me!  LOL

Instead of working on that challenge .... this project is what is keeping me grounded.  I just love working on the single hexies one at a time.  Great progress since my last photo.  There are now 3-1/4 rows done and all stitched together!  Yeah me!  The hexies that are pinned a few inches below the others are quilted but not sewn together.  They will be in time.

Here are a few close-ups of the finished hexies.  This way you can see the fabrics better instead of at a distance.  I just love the fabrics in each hexie.
A lot of hand sewing of the binding and hand quilting have been done on each hexie and I love doing this method of quilt-as-you-go.  Will be doing more quilts this way as time goes on.

A couple of feet of binding got sewn down on this quilt.  Many more feet to go ....

So, for September ..... I'm not going to even look at what the number is.  I just looked at my calendar and the whole month has appointments and events.  There are two sessions per week with the Alzheimer's Society and a wedding and babysitting and school pick-ups.  There is outside work that will need to be taken care of as well.  I know what my reality is and taking out another bin won't help at all.

Instead, I will continue to work on my hexies and the above quilt and be happy if anything gets done on them.  By the time I sit down after supper to watch some t.v., I will be tired and may even fall asleep in my chair.  Instead of napping, one of these can be pulled to be worked on.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

4 comments:

loulee said...

Love, love, love your hexie quilt and very happy to see progress being made on it. I seem to recall that way back at the beginning of the Chookshed challenge we were told that it was ok to swap things around if the need arose and I'm sure that your need was hexies. All of that aside, you pulled the project box off the shelf, had a sort out and made some decisions, so you did make progress, even if it was only little progress. Good luck with all of those appointments and some more hexies. (((Hugs))).

Jennifer said...

Better not to be too ambitious! That way, every achievement is to be celebrated in such a busy month.

cityquilter grace said...

oh my that is sooo gorgeous and colorful! i love it more and more

Arish said...

Son los hexágonos más bonitos que he visto. BESICOS.