Saturday, September 7, 2024

September Quilts

The leaves on the trees are turning colour ..... time to bring out the September quilts.  The pumpkin quilts might even stay out for October.  I saw some pumpkins in the grocery store already.  





Every time I look at this crazy patch quilt ..... I want to make more to use up my scraps.








We have been having a lot of bear sightings in town lately.  Over a week ago, a bear was seen next door eating crab apples on the front lawn.  Then two nights ago, another neighbour saw a mama bear with cubs on her front lawn.  I've been hearing movement in the bushes on the hill behind us during the night.  Yesterday afternoon, I saw a truck pull up and park on the street next door.  It was hauling a bear cage.  It left, but may be back if there are more sightings on our street.  Apparently, there has not been much berry food for the bears and they are hungry and that is why they are coming into town.

I expect to see this cage back here soon .....
.... because this is what another neighbour on our street saw outside her LR window last night.  Look closely in the tree!   Hubby has been warned not to venture outside at all.  He does like to step outside and sit on our patio but this has now become too risky for him because if he did see a bear, he can't move fast enough to escape inside our home.


All of the wedding clothing alterations have been done.   Squares for a memory quilt have been cut out.  The wedding is this afternoon.  So happy to have those things to do checked off my list!  Now to sit back and enjoy!

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

5 comments:

Arish said...

Preciosísimas labores de patchwork. BESICOS.

Jennifer said...

Love those autumn quilts! Oh my, that bear is making itself right at home....wonder if it was the same bear that was around when we were visiting?

loulee said...

A lovely collection of quilts for your Autumn display. A bear!

Kim said...

I can imagine how cozy your home feels with all of the fall quilts around. We had a bear come up on our deck last spring for the same reasons, no food for them in their habitat. We have a crabapple tree full of apples right now and I wonder if a bear might come for dinner. I hope no harm comes to your visiting bear or people. I feel sorry for wildlife when food is scarce. Except skunks! 🦨

Maria said...

You have lots of beautiful Autumn quilts to display. Hope nobody gets hurt with the bear hanging around.