Friday, July 7, 2023

Cheating hexies

Now that all the white hexies are complete and pinned in place, it is time now for the sewing together of those hexies.

After about a week of working here and there, the panel on the left is now complete.  Yippee!

This was the start of the harvest moon at the cottage this past weekend.  I went out later to try and catch a better photo, but the mosquitoes were so bad, that I quickly ran back inside the cottage.  So, this photo will just have to do, but take it from me, the red moon in the night sky and shining onto the lake below was stunning.

For my July binding challenge, this quilt will be it.  I need something to take with me for babysitting this Saturday and since there will be no pins to lose in the carpet for two little babies (they are Irish twins)  to find later, this is perfect.  Safer for all and it still gives me something to work on.

We did have a number of days of very hot and humid weather, but it has since cooled down a bit and we have had more rain.  A breather for now until the next heat wave comes around.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's an interesting photo of the moon rising! I like your quilt for binding, and your red and white quilt is coming along well. The worst part of summer is mosquitoes and biting bugs, isn't it?

Anne Kirby said...

Haha Irish twins! Haven't heard that term in years! Means you will not have much time to sew!!

Kim said...

What a pretty part of the world your cabin is in. Such a pretty moon. I must say your red and white pretty is going to be a stunner!

Chookyblue...... said...

That lake view with the moon is beautiful.......
How close to the lake is the cottage?