Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Hexie coming along!

Much, much progress is getting done on this old UFO!  So, so happy to see this happening.

All the red hexies have now been prepped.  Sewing of them will happen along with the remainder of the white hexies.  Got to switch from white to red occasionally to keep boredom from coming and stalling this project. Still, isn't that red hexie border going to be gorgeous!  It will give the project that zing that I hadn't initially thought about.  My dear hubby suggested it to me and he was so right!

For the last section, all the white hexies have now been removed off the design wall.  They were carefully labelled and photos taken so that I will know where they are to be sewn onto the last section.


Here is where they all went.  Pinned onto these quilted squares.  Recently, when cleaning out a cupboard, they nearly got tossed, but the light bulb clicked on and they are perfect for this project.  They are easy to take along to the cottage for those lazy days of sewing on the porch.
One square of pinned white hexies have been sewn together and attached to the last section (bottom right).  Oh yes, lots and lots of progress happening.  My goal is to have this as a finished top by the end of August.  
Since taking the last photo, a section of the red hexies were removed and pinned onto a styrofoam board and ready anytime I feel like sewing on them.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering ..... that pile of red scraps didn't make a dent at all.  I'm still left with a good pile.  Hummmmmm ..... perhaps another red quilt will need to be made?

My July binding challenge is done and photos of the quilt will be coming soon.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your hubby was right - hexies are the way to go! Perhaps the quilt's name could honour his great idea?

cityquilter grace said...

ooh that is definitely stunning...worthy of a ribbon for certain...

Vicki W said...

It's looking beautiful!

dq said...

Hexie Haven - BEAUTIFUL!!! I only just discovered your blog after updating my blog bar with bloggers in Chooky's zoom group. What a great visit I have had here. Your work is gorgeous!

loulee said...

LOVE that border.

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh you are making great progress...... I'm sure you probably have it finished now......