Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Hexie a go-go

So, so happy to have this finished and not have anything else left to do on it.  From start to finish, it took me about two and a half months.  Used up charms and lots of scrap batting.  Did I mention that I'm so, so happy?  LOL

The fact that the back looks just as good as the front ..... two for one!  Bonus!
Now, for some random outdoor photos.



Quilt Details:
Started:  April 7, 2023
Finished:  June 27, 2023
Hexie edge size:  2-1/2"
Quilt size:  56" x 78"
Batting:  poly scraps
Hand pieced and hand quilted!

Now, for my next quilt-as-you-go project .... this will be it.  This won't be started for a while as there are a few UFO's that I would like to move along, or hopefully finish to a flimsy.  Once started, this will consume all my time until it is done.
Cherish your day, cherish your life!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well done on your finish! I remember you showed me the picture of that chevron quilt and said how much you would like to make it.

Kim said...

Just look at all those hexies? They look stunning all dancing together! Aren't QAYG quilts the best?? The back always looks as wonderful as the front. Such a fabulous mix of patterns and colours. A beautiful finish, Rose Marie. The Chevron pretty looks fascinating.

Vicki W said...

It's absolutely fabulous!

loulee said...

Great finish. What a lovely cosy warm looking quilt.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Such a fantastic finish! Hexagon is the one shaped block I haven't done in the potholder method. You have inspired me to make on too. I adore both sides. Great work!! Missed you on Zoom but the grandkids always take president in our house too!!

Chookyblue...... said...

Very quick time frame from start to finish.......
Looks great and I love all the pics.....

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog