Thursday, January 2, 2020

New year and a new decade

2020 ..... how time flies by when we are having so much fun!  Here we are in a new year and a new decade.

Today, I'm looking back at 2019 and what was accomplished.  You know that I don't do well with lists but a photo says it all for me.  It keeps me motivated (well that and a friend who also keeps me on my toes) to just get things done.

As we get older, we see friends and family get ill and you know that time is more precious than ever.  Right now, an elderly aunt is quite ill and that brings the meaning of time closer to home.  Time to get more things accomplished this year.  Time to clear out stuff that no longer has any meaning or need.

Time to look back now.  These are my quilts that got completed.  Quite a few of the quilts are English Paper Piecing (EPP), a lot of them scrappy (makes my heart sing!).  A good year.  Only one was hand quilted, the rest were machine quilted.

Some of these quilts never made it to the UFO stage.  They just got started and completed.  That is what I'm trying to do with new projects.  Just work on them until they are done.  No more shelving.  Here are 20 items that got finished in 2019.  Such a good year .... the most that I've ever done.  If you want a better look at these quilts, just go to the top of my blog (just below my header photo) and click onto the "Quilts 2019" tab and enjoy.
This is my visual photo to keep me focused.  Tops completed.  Love it when I can cross a top off that photo.  2019 started with 22 tops to be quilted.  Twelve got done and crossed off this photo.  Yeah!

Now, my UFO's didn't get a good rating.  Only four got to the flimsy or quilted stage.  Still, that is better than zero.  For 2020, I will just have to work harder!

For 2020, this is my record.  Down to 10 tops.  Holy cow!  That is a record for me!  I'm looking forward to getting backings ready and sending most of these to my lovely LAer.  I might just keep a couple for hand quilting, but will get them basted by the LAer.
My UFO's are at 33.   Oh humbug!  There could even be more lurking about if no photo was taken of them.
Now that I've looked backwards and forward, let's see what 2020 will bring forth!

Have a great year!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You have done well.....a year to look back on with pride!

Kyle said...

Keep focusing on the positive. You accomplished so much last year. Your quilts are beautiful and such a variety.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Nice accomplishments! Luckily my mom drilled finishing what you start at an early age but I do tend to pile up quilts to be quilted but that's my favorite part of making a quilt so its a bit of a good feeling like seeing the bank statement increase or a collector hoards collections.

eloidastitches said...

Wow, you got a lot done!! Congratulations on a great year. Best Wishes for 2020.