Tuesday, December 17, 2019

A little bit of sewing.

A little bit of sewing has been going on in my studio.  In between the lull before Xmas.  Gift wrapping to do; Xmas decor is now out and on display and those pesky last minute gifts to get.  Just a little bit of time to do some relaxing sewing and hand work.

This UFO (just the star blocks) hasn't been touched since 2005.  LOL  I was thinking of adding some crazy blocks because the decision was made to reduce the original size of the quilt to a lap size instead.  I just want to move this UFO to a flimsy stage and be done with it.  Will it get done before the year is out?  No, but at least it is out in the open to work on again.
A neutral beige to surround those crazy blocks will give me the look I want.  This UFO is on one design wall.
This project is on the other design wall.  Time to get this project out and worked on as well or it will be shelved and become an UFO.  Side and top/bottom filler pieces are being added to the section on the left.
Oh look, another deer in our neighbour's backyard.
Soon, it will be time to look back this year and see all the quilts and tops that got done and was it a good year or not.  For me it was.  Quite a lot of quilts got finished which is such a good thing.

I have an elderly aunt (she is only 15 years older than me) that is sick with cancer and has only a few months to live.  That is my motivation to get those tops that have been sitting in a bin out and get backings done and move them on to my LAer to work her magic.  No point in procrastinating any longer.  Just get stuff done.

2020 is fast approaching and that will be the next time I post.  Too many other things to take care of for now.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Kyle said...

I like your commitment. I'm sure we all have buried projects, out if sight, out of mind.

Jennifer said...

Wow......think we would prefer your snow right now instead of our heatwave and smoke! Well done on the UFOs. My quilt group has a UFO challenge for next year, which I think is an excellent idea.

eloidastitches said...

Nice that you are managing to find some quiet moments before Christmas to enjoy some play time. Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas, and a Wonderful New Year!!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love all your scrappy projects--hope you find time to work on them. I think a lot of us are thinking about clearing things out and getting things done--so much to do and never enough time!

Julie Fukuda said...

Looking forward to see where all these nice colorful blocks are going. Hope you have a wonderful holiday and get some time for yourself.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful blocks; I always like your colour ways. Yes, you are so right...what are we waiting for-time to get things done. Happy Stitching from me and Merry Christmas too.