Friday, January 17, 2020

Another section ready

Over the past few days, I've been busy prepping my hexagons and basting them.  The result is another section is ready for sewing together.  All those rows will be bagged and they will come along with me on my next trip to visit my sick aunt and frail cousin.  I need something to get me through some very sad times and this project will fit the bill perfectly.
While the above project sits in a bag, this old UFO got my attention once again.   Time to work on those blocks and how nice it will be to see this finally become a top!
One block is ready for sewing together and another is waiting in the wings.
Scrap sorting is taking place.  A lot of 2-1/2" squares are going to be needed for this project plus a few other scrap quilts that will happen.  There are bins and bins and bags and bags of scraps to be sorted through.  I wonder how many quilts can be made out of those scraps?  It will be interesting to keep count!

Again, the desire to reduce my stash is gnawing at me.  Seeing my aunt and cousin and the situation they are in, keeps bringing this subject up front and centre.  Got to reduce, reduce, reduce!

This is the time also to get some finished tops out and get backings made and send them off to my favourite LAer.

Cherish your day!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Love the stars......stars have long been a favourite of mine! Your hexie project will be beautiful when it's done.