Saturday, July 1, 2017

Canada is 150!

Well, Happy Birthday Canada.  We are just 150 years young.  Whooo hoooo!  Loads and loads of celebrations are scheduled.  It will be a hopping time in every city and town across this land.

A year ago when I showed this photo, these were just tops and I had vowed to have them quilted by either myself or a LAer by July 1, 2017.  Oops, they are not quilted.
But, I am happy to report that they are all out at two LAer's to be quilted.  I'll be getting them back pretty soon and by next year, they will be on display again to celebrate Canada's next birthday.

A new quilt will be added to this collection.  This is the block.  More will be shown as time goes on.  This was one of my secret projects that I was planning on making for our day guild June challenge.  It didn't happen.  Oh well, now I can work on it whenever I want and openly.  Still, it will make an lovely addition to my collection of red/whiteish quilts.
Have a great day, eh!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Best wishes for Canada Day! That's a very interesting block - it will make a stunning quilt.

eloidastitches said...

Happy Canada Day!! Did you design this new block and quilt yourself? I am sure it will be stunning.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Happy Canada Day. Those quilts are beautiful even though they aren't quilted. Your new project is intriguing.

Chookyblue...... said...

glad your quilts are nearly done.......happy Canada Day...........