Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Almost finishes

Oh woe is me ... I've come down with a cold virus.  DH got it first, then he passed it onto me.  This is the first day that I feel human.  Not much has been happening here except for some hand quilting.  That was mindless work that I could do without concentrating too much.

My barn quilt is almost done.  Happy, happy, happy!  Doesn't the baptist fan quilting look wonderful?

The borders stumped me until I looked at the barns and kept seeing lots of roof peaks.  That's it!  So, my borders have a lots of peaks.
The binding is on and I can work away at that while watching t.v.
Waiting in the wings for binding is this quilt which I machine quilted before I got sick.  Too sick to show you until now.

So, these are my almost finishes!  Not bad, eh!

Now that I feeling a bit better, it is time to take down the Xmas quilts and put up different quilts.  :o)

I'm linking to The Needle and Thread Network.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous quilting on the barns - and yes, I see the peaked red roofs too! I like the double cross-hatch quilting on the other quilt, I have stored that away in my mind for the future.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like your quilts. The hand quilted barn one is lovely. I like the quilting designs you are using. I'm a newbie to machine quilting and your quilt is an inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing. villacrestfarm@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Very nice! And I hear you about the cold... It is a doozy. Never ending!

Kat Scribner said...

Love the hand quilting! Hope you are well again very soon.

eloidastitches said...

Your hand quilting is Beautiful!! Love the quilting designs that you chose for both of these quilts. Hope you are feeling 100% real soon.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice quilts.......goodluck getting them finished.......