Tuesday, July 2, 2024

July Challenges

For July, the Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge, the number to work on is #1 and this is it:

Alas, that project will be NOT be worked on after all.  There is a wedding quilt that needs to be started and made this month and that is what will be worked on instead.  My niece already knows about this quilt, so the pattern can be shown.
My Chevron Log blocks will continue to be worked on.  I try to get at least 2 blocks done per day.  The QAYG bit will be done later.  
If time permits .... perhaps this fabric might be used for another gift quilt .... but that is probably wishful thinking.
I will try and get the binding on this quilt ....
No-blog Mary did a great job in restoring this quilt back to life.  She had to put on a new backing plus new binding.  She did better than me last month.  She said the job was tedious, hot and heavy.  Her daughter will be delighted her quilt will be usable once again.
Ridley is back to have seizures again.  The meds are helping.  They are not daily (last ones were a month ago) and I'm wracking my brains trying to think of the trigger.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

The wedding quilt is an interesting pattern! Poor Ridley.....hopefully his problems get sorted for him.

loulee said...

Poor Ridley, I do hope you get to the cause and can help him.
The wedding quilt looks great, I look forward to progress.
Lots of things going on at your place and Mary has been busy.