Thursday, September 14, 2023

Red & White applique.

Good progress has been made on this UFO.  There were 8 blocks to complete and while at the cottage, 5 blocks were completed.  How is that for just a few days of work!

This photo was taken at the bridge on the way to/out of our cottage.  The bridge is only wide enough for one vehicle.  Just as my blocks were being laid out ..... a truck pulling a RV came along and I just stayed in place and he got around me ok.  I didn't want to just leave my blocks there on the railing as they would have disappeared down into the murky water below.   My sister did ask me what happens if you lose one or two blocks?  Well .... do you see the creek above the dam?  No, I won't be up the creek as there is still background and red fabrics to make more.  LOL  But, notice the scissors holding the blocks in place.  I was really hoping not to lose any of those scissors or blocks.  Whew .... success and an interesting photo to boot.

Can you see the be.a.ve.r dam?  We are just wondering if someone will come along and dispatch the rodent to another place.  If the dam breaks, the water will wash out the bridge and no one will be able to get in or out of their cottages and hunting season is just around the corner.  Will a hunter be taking a few pot shots at the rodent?  My sister's kids always advise anyone coming in or out of the cottage to be sure to go ahead of us as we always, always stop at that bridge to see what is going on.  That is what our Dad did with us and we do the same thing now.  This is a tradition.  Must do it!

It was busy time at the cottage.  Painting got done, but there is still more to do.  This is the time of year that I gear up projects to work on while the weather is nice and humidity is low.   Also, no bugs to contend with.  Spray painting is in my future. 

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is an interesting pic! We saw "b" lodges in Canada, but never did get to see a live animal.

cityquilter grace said...

excellent progress on that very pretty UFO...ah beavers...they are persistent...and always busy like you!

Kim said...

Happy autumn season and projects! That’s an impressive beaver damn. They are such good builders.