Thursday, August 3, 2023

July Binding Challenge

Well, well ..... I got my quilt done and in plenty of time!

This quilt came with me to a couple of babysitting adventures.  I prefer to bring projects with me that don't have pins that could get dropped onto a rug for a couple of Irish twins to find.  This quilt also came out to the cottage.  It has been well travelled.

Done and washed and dried.  Nice and soft and crinkly.

The rain shower has finally passed on and out of our area .... but I had to wait for things to dry up a bit before trying to take photos.

How about this one showing the backing fabric?




A close-up of the fabrics used and the quilting design.
Look how lovely my hydrangea is!  It is now starting to turn pink.
Quilt Details:
Pattern Source:  "Fragments of Cloth".   It is a pattern from Timeless Traditions and designed by Norma Whaley, but Sentimental Stitches sells them.  If you have the pattern, my quilt was changed up a bit to suit my tastes.

Started:  November 2022
Top Finished:  December 2022
Quilt Finished:  July 2023

Quilt Size:  68" x 85-3/4" (top size before quilting, washing and drying:  69-1/2" x 88")

Batting:  Hobbs 80/20 cotton polyester

Quilted by:  Kathy Wareham using Golden Threads #GTEE0410 pattern

This is my 200th quilt!  Amazing, eh!

My sister has been watching me work on this quilt and she really loves the pattern and colours.  Can I make her one for her queen size bed?  No problem .... I think I can find some fabrics!!!!!  LOL   She wants a warmer quilt that breathes and we decided that her quilt will have a wool batting.

Now .... you are probably wondering what no-blog Mary has been up to?  Not much for July .... except she spent time with her Mother and sister on P.E.I.  Precious moments, indeed!

For August, this is my binding challenge.  My sister and I will be babysitting the Irish twins again starting this afternoon and this will be perfect for working on at their home.  No pins to lose in the carpet.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well done on your finish - it says 'early autumn' to me! I like your blue and green hexies, looking forward to seeing it finished too. 200 quilts - wow, that is a great achievement! Congratulations!

karenbbsnow said...

Beautiful, love those border colours.

cityquilter grace said...

ooh i do love that scrappy and understand why your sister wants one! love the august binding challenge too...blue always gets me

Kyle said...

Well done! Another perfect finish. Your yard has lots of lovely photo ops.

loulee said...

A lovely binding finish and I love the outdoor photo shoot.
Augusts binding project is lovely, I'm looking forward to your celebrations for that one.

Chookyblue...... said...

That's a lovely quilt..... Congrats on the finish.... have fun pulling fabrics to make one for your sister...... And wow 200th quilt...... Congrats it's a big milestone.....