Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Making circles around the tulips!

A surge of energy came over me and those tulips kept being made until ..... finally ..... all the tulips and circles were prepped.  This is it!  Mind you, everything you see is just pinned in place.  Now comes the task of appliqueing.   I'm happy.  I love this top!

One block of circles done ..... many more to go.

All those pieces have been taken down, marked properly and placed into baggies ready for me to work on at night while watching t.v.  My design wall is needed to work on an UFO.  That was my promise.  When I mentioned this to my garage friend Darlene, she responded with two words:  chop, chop!  LOL

In my yearly recap of 2020, a few things were not mentioned.  What else was made last year?  

My niece sent me photos of the homework holders that I made for her two daughters.  With on-line learning happening again here in Ontario they are sure handy to hold their homework instead of piling the books, etc. at one end of their table.  I made these for Xmas gifts, but tucked interesting items into the pockets.  No one wants just homework holders, eh!  Upholstery fabric was used.  The holders are nice and sturdy.
I also made a bunch of quilt journal covers for my binders.  I have been keeping journals since the beginning of my quilting journey and have extra binders for all of those quilts still to come.  I wanted fabric that would be sturdy and not fray or wear down over time.  Upholstery fabric was the perfect choice.  A piece big enough was in my stash.  Win-win.
Masks.  Between 200-300 masks were made last year.  I lost count but a lot were made.  A dozen here and a dozen there; they all add up.  I'm happy.  Folks are safe.

On that note, until we are all vaccinated .... wear a mask, wash your hands and keep your distance and don't gather.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Wow you have done well getting all that prepped.... Goodluck with your stitching progress....

Jennifer said...

Well done......you will be tip-toeing through your tulips before spring arrives! Your 'homework holders' would be useful on car trips, too.

Gretchen Weaver said...

those tulips are lovely and the circles add interest. Happy stitching!

Kyle said...

The spring time colors are just perfect for your tulip garden.

eloidastitches said...

Wow this quilt is going to be awesome. Love the vibrant yet gentle colours.

Christine said...

Absolutely love this! I know it's alot of work with all the bagging but it's like an ongoing puzzle. Have fun!!