Monday, August 31, 2020

My Corona Flowers

 Finally, "My Corona Flowers" is done but Covid-19 is not done with us yet.



Quilt Details:
Pattern Source:  an original designed by Rose Marie Castonguay (me!) and those who may ask, there is no written pattern at this time to purchase.
Started:  April 6, 2020
Top Finished:  July 16, 2020
Quilt Finished:  August 31, 2020
Size:  71-3/4" x 92" (top size before quilting, washing and drying:  73-1/4" x 94")
Hexagon size:  1-1/8" on one edge
Number of hexagons:  792
Number of half hexagons:  90
Number of side half diamonds:  48
Number of corners:  12
Number of hexie flowers:  24
Normally, I don't count the number of pieces when doing EPP, but this time, I kept track.
Batting:  Hobbs 80/20 polyster/cotton
Machine quilted by:  Kathy at Kat's Quilts
E2E quilt design:  Joyful (with Pearls) by Christy Dillon from My Creative Stitches.  I would have this one again on another quilt. 

It was pure joy to work on this quilt during troubling times.  Now, if only I can get rid of those extra pounds that were put on during the same time ....

A lot of tiny scraps were used during the making of this quilt.  

My arms ached a number of nights working on basting those hexagons and sewing them all together.  Why?   Because I was so obsessed in getting this quilt done.  Worth it?  Oh yes.

Now that this quilt is done, I can focus on ufo's ..... again!  LOL

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

8 comments:

Phyllis said...

Your quilt is lovely.

Frog Quilter said...

It’s beautiful and a memorable quilt to remember during COVID 19.

Jennifer said...

Oh - that is so pretty! Love the border choices, just right for a flower garden quilt.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Rose Marie, I enjoyed reading your Cottage post and may I say I send the very best healing wishes to your sister.
Meanwhile, you have another great finish here. Beautifully sewn and well worth the hand stitched efforts.

Kyle said...

Wow! What a beautiful quilt and an extraordinary speedy finish! All those small fabric bits found a lovely place to call home.

Florida Farm Girl said...

Hi there. I'm a new reader and am in awe of that gorgeous quilt in the wildflowers in your header. I've been inspired to do a mini tumbler in 30's repros to reach a similar effect. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kat Scribner said...

LOVE this one !!! It's delicate looking and perfect.

Chookyblue...... said...

corona flowers are so lovely....congrats on the finish......