Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Hexie is a top

I know, I know ..... I've been missing from my blog.

I've been busy helping my sister, who is going through cancer treatments right now and I have been too busy to do much posting.

Handwork has been coming with me when I do go out and a few stitches here and there have been done.

My hexie panel project is finally a top.   A backing is in the works so this beauty can go to my lovely LAer.
A new hexie project did get started ..... Lordy, but I just couldn't resist.
Here is a closeup of some of the blocks.  The redwork pieces were from a cheater panel that got cut into squares.  They look like they are embroidered but are printed and that is how they will stay.
My sister and I did enjoy a few days out at the cottage last week.  It was hot, but a nice constant breeze from the lake kept us comfortable.

We were enjoying a pleasant evening on the porch.  The lake was calm and silent.  The moon was just starting to shine.  Suddenly .... on the other side of the lake came howling.  A pack of wolves!  Oooooh ..... too close!
Cherish your day ..... cherish your life!

5 comments:

julieQ said...

OH wow! Your hexies rock! I just love that quilt...yes, cherish everything, because it may be gone in a second.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your hexie panel quilt is so pretty. Great start on the new project, love the red & white. Happy stitching!

Jennifer said...

Oh wow - hearing a wolf pack would be really something, what an experience! Your new quilt will be a lovely addition to your red and white collection.

Chookyblue...... said...

Hope your sisters treatment is going well. Lucky you can support here..... Lovely hand work looks good framed....... A pack of wolves howling would be very eerie.....

Nancy said...

I love how you finished your hexie quilt with the strips of applique between and the triple border. Beautiful!
Your redwork blocks are too fun, especially that you found them centers already printed in red.