Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Ribbons again and quilt storage!

Yep, it happened again.  Our Quilts by the Bay-North Bay (Ontario, Canada) had another quilt show and I won three ribbons for hand quilting in the Viewer's Choice section.

First is for my bed quilt.  This quilt is fading in places and it has a patch from when our Miss Hank cat tore a piece of the fabric.  Still, she is a beauty and viewer's thought she deserved first place.  Thank you!

Second is for my Kentucky Flowerpot wall hanging in the middle.

Third is for my Xmas yo-yo tree wall hanging.
It is time now to consider doing some more hand quilting as I have run out of quilts to enter for the next show in three years.  Got to keep that craft alive and show my work again.

Nothing was entered into the Judged section of the show ..... because I was a judge!  Never in the world did I ever think that is something that would happen in my life.  It was interesting to judge, but due to my mishap at the cottage, it was very difficult and painful for me to stand and bend.  Who knows if quilt judging is something that I will ever do again?   Tick that off my bucket list, although it was never on it!  🐱🐱

Quilt storage!  This cabinet is finally finished and now it stands back in the corner, but this time we can see it better.  Brown to white truly transformed this cabinet.  During the sanding process, it was discovered that the inside was just stained.  No varnish, no protective coating for my quilts.  So glad that was caught and now my quilts are protected from any wood resin.  Two coats of paint and three coats of Varethane. 
Autumn and fall colours are in full force up here in the great white north.  Next post will show my autumn quilts that are hanging in our home.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

eloidastitches said...

Congrats on your ribbons!! I especially love your Kentucky Flowerpot wall hanging. It is really too bad that your judging responsibilities coincided with your injury. I am sure that made things very difficult. Of course it was too bad you were injured at all, but hard to have a positive experience trying your hand at judging when you are in pain. I am glad you are on the mend.

Jennifer said...

Well done on the judging, even though you were in pain! Oh, I love that quilt on the dining room wall.....never tire of seeing it.

Kyle said...

Judging quilts is really a,challenging experience and even more so when it's a long day and you're not up to standing for so long. Bet you did a great job. Congratulations on your ribbons and your hand quilting. There generally very few items entered in those categories.