Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Playful Stripes

Another finish ..... another quilt off my list!  Doing the happy, happy dance over here!

Playful Stripes ..... a delightful name, don't you think?
I just love this backing fabric.  Weather vanes.  This quilt is for my husband and since he is a meteorologist, perfect for him.  He always has to know which way the wind is blowing.
 A full on photo to get the whole effect.
The thing with this quilt is, that on the wall (here it is just pinned onto a styroam design wall), it looks wonderful.  On the bed, it is too much for my husband.  Too much movement and after his bout with vertigo, a tad too much for his eyes to look at.  So, on the bed the quilt has been flipped around and the weather vanes are showing instead of the stripes.   See, there is a reason why I used that fabric! Right now there is no sleeve as it was intended just for the bed, but a sleeve will be added so that we will enjoy this quilt on the wall where the movement will be tamed as it will just be hanging.

I have tried to tell everyone how much work went into making all those rail fence blocks.  NOT.    I used striped fabric and cut the fabric into blocks and turned them around to look like rail fence blocks.  Easy peasy and so effective. 

Quilt details:
Top started:  Mar. 23, 2015
Top finished:  Feb. 25, 2018 (I was waiting to find the perfect match of the navy blue but ended up using what I had in my stash.  The two navy blues don't match, but it doesn't matter.)
Quilt finished:  June 13, 2018
Size:  88-3/4" x 89"
Batting:  Polyester
Machine Quilted by Tella in Scarborough, Ontario.

What else am I working on?  These EPP snowflakes.  Only a few more to make before I can start showing you something.  Exciting times!
Have a great day!
Linking to:  https://estheraliu.blogspot.com/ and http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the name, the pattern, and the backing fabric ;)

Chookyblue...... said...

Funny how stripes can do weird things depending on how your looking at them.......
Lovely quilt .... Cute backing to......

Kyle said...

You had me fooled with the nonpieced rails! LOL Great idea. It looks fabulous up on your design wall.

Jennifer said...

The weather vane fabric is such a good choice for backing! Occasionally someone on TV will wear a striped shirt and it really pulls your eyes, doesn't it?

Teresa said...

Cute quilt and I love the quilting you did on it.

DreamNT said...

The weather vane fabric is such a good choice for backing!








เที่ยวที่ไหน